This is a list of frequently asked questions by clients and potential clients. They are subject to change without notice and any questions should be directed to info@DesignByJoy.com for further elaboration.
What are your turnaround times?
- Design for printed materials usually is 2 business days for first proof of design after artwork has been received. Add 2 business days if artwork needs to be purchased.
- Printing the materials is 10-14 business days starting the day after final proof approval. We can do rush orders please contact us for more details, fees apply when ordered.
FULL WEBSITES/WEB GRAPHICS
- Design for websites is usually 5 business days for first proof of design after artwork and copy has been received. Add 2 business days if artwork needs to be purchased. Add 3 business days if copy needs to be written.
- Design for web graphics takes 3 business days for first proof of design after artwork and copy has been received. Add 2 business days if artwork needs to be purchased .Add 3 business days if copy needs to be written.
- Site going live or delivery of graphics is 1-2 business days starting the day after final proof approval.
QUICK WORDPRESS WEBSITE
- Design & layout for websites is usually 1-2 business days after artwork and copy has been received and hosting/domain items have been settled. Add 2 business days if artwork needs to be purchased. Some add-on features will require more time.
- Site going live is 4-5 business days starting the day after artwork has been received and hosting/domain items have been settled. Login and password delivered via email when paid in full.
What is considered artwork and copy?
- Artwork is any file of graphics, images, logos, business cards, photos, etc. that you want included in your design. You can send as much as you like and specify what files take priority in the design. Files accepted are JPG, PNG, GIF, EPS, AI, PDF. Artwork for printed materials should be 300dpi or more. Artwork for websites/web graphics should be 120dpi or more (72dpi is accepted we just like a little wiggle room). If you are unsure if artwork is adequate in size, please ask, we can help you figure it out.
- Copy is any text file with written content that you want to fill your designs. For example, any slogans you have, description about your company or services, contact information you want displayed, and list of services and description. Files accepted are DOC, DOCX, and TXT. If you are having trouble getting started with your information, we can send you a questionnaire to fill out to get you moving in the right direction.
How can I submit my artwork or copy?
ARTWORK/COPY SUBMISSION: Artwork and copy can be submitted through email (email@example.com), mail/pickup, or upload to our DropBox folder (request permission when project ordered). Files accepted are JPG, PNG, GIF, EPS, AI, PDF. Artwork for printed materials should be 300dpi or more. Artwork for websites/web graphics should be 120dpi or more (72dpi is accepted we just like a little wiggle room). If you are unsure if artwork is adequate in size, please ask, we can help you figure it out.
Tip: Rule of thumb is to always send more than less. Mark out what is a must for your design and we will take it from there. Also any sketches, notes, ideas, or suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated. We want to get it done right for you and your business without taking up too much of your time going back and forth.
How many proofs do I get?
Printed Materials, Full Websites, and Web Graphics all come with two edits. Customer receives first proof after initial design to make edits and suggestions. Edits are made by designer and a second/final proof is sent to customer for final approval before printing or going live. If more time or edits are desired, depending on the changes, their may be additional costs.
Quick WordPress Websites comes with one final proof. Customer submits all artwork and copy before website is started. Designer inputs all information received from customer. Customer can see the final proof before the website goes live. Customer can release the site to go live. If more edits are desired, depending on the changes, their may be additional costs. Customer also has the choice to take over website and edit accordingly. Once customer starts editing site, designer has then completed all edits. Further edits beyond customer editing will require a new job order and costs.
How do I order or make a payment?
ORDER YOUR PROJECT: To get started, email joy@DesignByJoy.com. In your email please note your estimate number and/or order number from your PayPal Checkout. We will send you either an invoice and/or SquareUp link to make your deposit or a receipt for what you have chosen and paid for through PayPal Checkout.
DEPOSIT: You can either put down the deposit through our Square (PayPal upon request) account to expedite project or check can be mailed. Deposit is 50% of total design price excluding logos. Logos deposit is $50 to get started. 100% of printing cost is due before any thing is sent to print. Remainder is due before designs or printing is delivered.
MAKE A PAYMENT/DEPOSIT: Please keep all invoice links from SquareUp or PayPal to continue to pay on your project throughout the process. You can contact us if you need this link resent. You may also snail mail us a check. Paying with check can sometimes slow up the process, please keep in mind for rush projects.
Is my deposit refundable?
Your deposit is used to hold you specific time for your project to ensure we get it done in a timely manner and keep your brand on task. And because we mark out that time for your project and no one else, we are unable to refund that time or deposit. However, if you need to discuss deposits and other arrangements, please contact us before the project commences. We always strive to keep everyone involved happy and are willing to work with you on a case by case basis.